Self-Administering TRT, Semaglutide Injections
At Southwest Family Medical, we understand that many patients require injectable medications as part of their treatment plans. To assist you in confidently administering injections from the comfort of your own home, our lead doctor, Dr. Scott Taylor, has created an instructional video that provides step-by-step guidance on how to safely and effectively perform injections.
At-Home TRT & Semaglutide Injections with Dr. Scott Taylor
Step-by-Step Guide and Recap of Video
Dr. Taylor begins by explaining that patients will receive a discreetly packaged kit sent to their homes, which will include pre-filled syringes and the prescribed injectable medication. Although he demonstrates the injection process using testosterone therapy as an example, Dr. Taylor assures viewers that the process is identical for semaglutide. Notably, semaglutide is easier to draw up and inject because it is not oil-based, unlike testosterone.
- Sanitize the Medication Bottle and Injection Site: Dr. Taylor uses an alcohol wipe to sanitize both the medication bottle and the intended injection site on his arm.
- Choose the Injection Type: Injections for both semaglutide and testosterone can be performed either subcutaneously or intramuscularly. For demonstration purposes, Dr. Taylor performs an intramuscular injection into his arm.
- Prepare the Syringe: Dr. Taylor emphasizes important steps such as pulling back the syringe plunger to the prescribed dosage, puncturing the medication bottle, and drawing the medication into the syringe. He points out that semaglutide, being less viscous, will fill the syringe more quickly.
- Perform the Injection: Dr. Taylor demonstrates how to administer the injection on himself.
- Select the Injection Site: Dr. Taylor discusses the option to select varying injection sites, such as the upper arm or the abdominal area. He reassures patients that the needles are small and that the process is typically simple and painless.
- Review Prescription Instructions: Dr. Taylor advises patients to carefully review the prescription instructions for their specific medication, such as semaglutide, to determine the correct dosage and administration frequency.
Dr. Taylor encourages anyone who feels unsure or apprehensive about self-administering injections to reach out to their weight loss coordinator or medical provider for additional support and guidance. In closing, Dr. Taylor expresses confidence that, with practice, patients will become proficient at self-injections and wishes everyone a wonderful day.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact us at Southwest Family Medical. Our team is here to support you on your health journey.
Interested in TRT or Medical Weight Loss Services?
If you’re interested in exploring Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) or medical weight loss services, Southwest Family Medical is here to help. Our experienced team, led by Dr. Scott Taylor, is dedicated to providing personalized and comprehensive healthcare solutions that align with your unique goals. Whether you’re seeking to revitalize your energy levels, improve hormonal balance, or achieve sustainable weight loss, we offer cutting-edge treatments and a patient-focused approach to care. Take the first step toward a healthier and more vibrant you by reaching out to our friendly staff to schedule a consultation. Discover the transformative benefits of TRT and medical weight loss services at Southwest Family Medical, where your well-being is our top priority.