Last updated: 12/12/2023
Southwest Family Medical takes the privacy of your health information seriously. We are committed to following state and federal privacy laws related to protecting your personal and medical data. This policy explains how we collect, use, and disclose information we receive about you as a patient of our practice.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information directly from you, from insurance providers and payment processors, and from third party partners like GoHighLevel who may send text messages or emails on our behalf. Data collected may include:
- Contact details (name, email, phone number, address)
- Health insurance information
- Medical history, conditions, medications
- Treatment notes, lab test results
- Payment/billing details
We also may collect information about your participation in our text messaging programs. Our text messaging service is provided by Twilio to enable simple communication with patients. Message frequency depends on the program but may be up to 10 texts per month including appointment reminders.
How We Use Information
We use your information to:
- Provide medical treatment and care
- Coordinate payment with your insurance provider
- Communicate with you about appointments or care
- Send text messages or emails related to your care
- Improve our services and better understand patient needs
We do not sell or share your personal information with third party marketers. Information may be shared:
- With business partners like GoHighLevel who send communications on our behalf
- With health insurance companies as needed for payment
- As required by law or court orders
To review, amend, or request deletion of your medical information, contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have a right to opt out of non-essential communications at any time.